There is not a better moment to launch my blog than this beautiful early summertime. Nature is blooming and the longer days fill us with energy and creative vibes. I created this site to show you that preparing healthy, whole food – that also tastes good by the way – is not that difficult and is a much better way to nurture our body and mind than the ready-made industrial meals.
What else are you going to find on this blog? Recipes, of course, but I will also talk about nutrition, wellbeing, family and our travels.
To celebrate this beginning, I prepared a cappuccino of peas with mint that you can serve as a starter or to accompany your aperitif. I used fresh peas as they are in season but using frozen ones at other times of the year will do perfectly fine.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2-3 slices of pancetta cut into strips
- a drop of olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cube of organic vegetable stock
- 200g peas (shelled fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons of thick crème fraîche
- fresh mint
- 100ml cream to whip
- Himalaya salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- peperoncino to taste
- a touch of love
What you’ll need to do:
- In a frying pan sauté the pancetta slices in a drop of olive oil. When they are crispy and golden put them on a paper towel to absorb excess grease. Let them cool. Sauté the onion in the same frying pan you used for the pancetta, adding a bit more olive oil if necessary.
- In a saucepan bring water to boil with the vegetable stock cube and add the peas. Lower the heat and cook the peas for about 10-15 minutes then strain them, keeping some of the cooking water.
- In a blender mix the peas with a little of the cooking water to get a purée. Add the crème fraîche and the mint (put aside a few leaves for decoration). Add salt, pepper and peperoncino. Mix again.
- Beat the whipped cream with a touch of salt.
- Serve in glasses, one large layer of pea purée topped with the whipped cream and a few slices of pancetta. Add mint leaves to decorate. Enjoy!