Boy, has this summer gone by fast! It’s already back-to-school time, change of seasons, shorter days, gloomy weather and cloudy skies with rainy days outnumbering sunny ones…welcome to Paris! But before we get there, let’s celebrate the end of summer and the last couple of beautiful days we have before greyness takes over! I prepared this colorful plate of watermelon carpaccio where sweet watermelon slices are mixed with salty feta, cucumber, mint and olive oil for a savory plate that you could serve as a starter or as a salad.
Ingredients (for 4):
- 1/8th of a seedless watermelon (if available), thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 125g feta cheese
- a bunch of fresh mint
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Himalaya salt and freshly ground pepper
- a handful of deshelled hemp seeds
- a handful of fresh sprouts
- a ray of summer sun
- Cut the watermelon and cucumber into very thin slices. If you are using a really sharp knife this should be done easily or you can use a mandolin to make it even easier.
- Place watermelon and cucumber slices on a large platter and dress them with feta crumbles. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper for the dressing, whisk well and drizzle over the carpaccio. Sprinkle with fresh mint, garnish with sprouts and hemp seeds.